- Dale Jr. Retirement is Bittersweet But He’s Shown Us Family is First
- Bristol Motor Speedway Reapplies Traction Compound to Improve Grip
- Rain Delays Bristol Race Until Monday
- FBI Documents Show Patricia Driscoll Used Charity $$$ in Legal Fight Against Kurt Busch
- ATW: An in-depth look at NASCAR’s minor leagues
Injured Matt Tifft Expected To Race in Daytona Next Month After Skipping Iowa
- Updated: June 20, 2016
By Summer Bedgood, Managing Editor
According to Motorsport.com, Matt Tifft will be back behind the wheel of a racecar next month in the July 1st race in the XFINITY Series at Daytona International Speedway. Due to a problem with his back involving a disc, Tifft was advised by his doctor to skip last weekend’s events at Iowa Speedway in order to undergo a procedure. Tifft was planning on running in both the Truck Series and the XFINITY Series.
German Quiroga filled in for Tifft in the Camping World Truck Series event on Saturday night and finished 14th, while Sam Hornish Jr. substituted for Tifft on Sunday in the XFINITY Series and went on to win the race.
— Matt Tifft (@Matt_Tifft) June 19, 2016
According to JGR’s executive vice president of XFINITY Series and development Steve deSouza, Tifft will run a few more standalone XFINITY Series events for the team this season and doesn’t expect any further complications moving forward.
Tifft has seven career XFINITY Series starts and 18 career Camping World Truck Series starts. He has accrued 10 top 10 finishes between the two series.