- FBI Documents Show Patricia Driscoll Used Charity $$$ in Legal Fight Against Kurt Busch
- ATW: An in-depth look at NASCAR’s minor leagues
- Erik Jones Takes Checkered Flag On New Asphalt At Texas Motor Speedway
- EXCLUSIVE: Monster Energy and NASCAR making great memories together, so far
- ‘The King’ Honored With Lifetime Achievement Award By Prestigious Petersen Automotive Museum
Keselowski Wins XFINITY Series Pole Over Jones In Tiebreaker
- Updated: November 5, 2016
By Summer Bedgood, Managing Editor
Fort Worth, Texas – In a rare tie for the top spot, Brad Keselowski was awarded the pole by virtue of a tiebreaker as both he and Erik Jones had an identical lap time of 28.891 seconds in NASCAR XFINITY Series qualifying. They will both start on the front row for this afternoon’s O’Reilly Auto Parts Challenge, but Keselowski will have lane choice.
Matt Tifft, on a weekend where he announced a full-time deal with Joe Gibbs racing in the XFINITY Series next weekend, will start third on the grid. Daniel Suarez and Kyle Larson rounded out the top-five.
Justin Allgaier, Austin Dillon, Elliott Sadler, Kevin Harvick, and Brennan Poole completed the top 10.
- Erik Jones – 2nd
- Daniel Suarez – 4th
- Justin Allgaier – 6th
- Elliott Sadler – 8th
- Blake Koch – 12th
- Ryan Reed – 13th
- Brendan Gaughan – 16th
- Darrell Wallace Jr. – 18th
This was the final on-track activity for the XFINITY Series before the race this afternoon. The race will begin around 3PM ET.