- FBI Documents Show Patricia Driscoll Used Charity $$$ in Legal Fight Against Kurt Busch
- ATW: An in-depth look at NASCAR’s minor leagues
- Erik Jones Takes Checkered Flag On New Asphalt At Texas Motor Speedway
- EXCLUSIVE: Monster Energy and NASCAR making great memories together, so far
- ‘The King’ Honored With Lifetime Achievement Award By Prestigious Petersen Automotive Museum
NASCAR Announces Monster Energy as the New Premier Series Title Sponsor
- Updated: December 1, 2016
By Summer Bedgood, Managing Editor
After a long wait, NASCAR finally announced who the title sponsor will be the for the Cup Series next season.
Or, as it is now being referred to, the premier series.
Monster Energy will be replacing Sprint as the title sponsor in addition to becoming the Official Energy Drink of NASCAR.
Noticeably absent from the announcement was a reference to NASCAR’s top series as the “Cup Series” as rumors have been swirling that the new title sponsor might drop “cup” from the name. While the name of the series has not yet been officially announced, it may be noticeably different than when even Winston was the title sponsor.
“Monster Energy is a brand built on excitement and enthusiasm, qualities that align with NASCAR,” said NASCAR Chairman and CEO Brian France. “This sponsorship position is the most unique in all of sports and entertainment, and we are thrilled to have a partner that will help us further elevate the series. Today’s announcement is the culmination of a thorough search, one that resulted in the right partner at this important time in our sport’s history.”
Monster Energy is the third entitlement sponsor in the series’ history, and the actual length of the multi-year agreement was not disclosed.
Energy drink sponsors like 5-Hour Energy and NOS already involved in the sport are allowed to stay, but new energy drink sponsors will not be allowed.