- FBI Documents Show Patricia Driscoll Used Charity $$$ in Legal Fight Against Kurt Busch
- ATW: An in-depth look at NASCAR’s minor leagues
- Erik Jones Takes Checkered Flag On New Asphalt At Texas Motor Speedway
- EXCLUSIVE: Monster Energy and NASCAR making great memories together, so far
- ‘The King’ Honored With Lifetime Achievement Award By Prestigious Petersen Automotive Museum
Brennan Poole Back with Chip Ganassi Racing for 2017 XFINITY Series Run
- Updated: December 18, 2016
After a successful rookie season, Brennan Poole is coming back to Chip Ganassi Racing (CGR) to chase an XFINITY Series championship in 2017.
Poole will stay with the organization for his sophomore NXS season with sponsorship from DC Solar, the Texan announced on Twitter Saturday night.
— Brennan Poole (@brennanpoole) December 18, 2016
The tweet reads: “We are going to run for a championship next year with @DCSolar and @CGRTeams in the @NASCAR_XFINITY series! Awesome to announce this tonight”
Poole, a native of The Woodlands, Tex., came to CGR as as a prospect in 2015, running a partial NXS schedule before rejoining the organization for the full 2016 tour. The 25-year-old has made 50 NXS starts for CGR over the last two seasons, totaling four top fives and 19 top 10s.
Despite a tough 27th-place run in the season-opening race at Daytona International Speedway, Poole found modest success in his first full NXS season in CGR’s No. 48 Chevrolet, coming just short of a victory at Talladega Superspeedway and making the Chase on points en-route to a seventh-place finish in the series standings.
Poole will work alongside CGR’s No. 42 Chevrolet, which is expected to be shared by 2014 Premier Series Rookie of the Year Kyle Larson and 2016 Camping World Truck Series Chase participant Tyler Reddick.
CGR has yet to put out an official release on the news, though the organization’s Twitter accounts did retweet Poole’s tweet to confirm the news. Exact details of Poole’s new deal or sponsorship support from DC Solar are unknown at this time.