- Dale Jr. Retirement is Bittersweet But He’s Shown Us Family is First
- Bristol Motor Speedway Reapplies Traction Compound to Improve Grip
- Rain Delays Bristol Race Until Monday
- FBI Documents Show Patricia Driscoll Used Charity $$$ in Legal Fight Against Kurt Busch
- ATW: An in-depth look at NASCAR’s minor leagues
GMS Racing adds ‘all-star’ team to Truck Series roster
- Updated: February 15, 2017
By Aaron Bearden, Motorsports Editor
With their full-time lineup known, GMS Racing announced Wednesday plans to field a fourth ‘all-star’ entry throughout the upcoming NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) season.
Spencer Gallagher, who will move to the XFINITY Series full-time in 2017, will pilot the No. 23 Allegiant Travel Chevrolet in the Feb. 24 season-opening NextEra Energy Resources 250 at Daytona International Speedway.
Gallagher, 27, has 58 starts in the NCWTS, with three top fives and 15 top 10s. The Las Vegas, Nev., native has competed three times at Daytona, earning a career-best eighth-place finish in last July’s XFINITY Series race.
Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series driver Chase Elliott has also been confirmed as an addition to the team. Elliott, who drives the No. 24 Chevrolet for Hendrick Motorsports, will compete in the second race of the NCWTS season at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
A native of nearby Dawsonville, Ga., will head to his home track with a resume that includes one victory (Canada, 2013), six top fives and eight top 10s in 10 career Truck Series starts.
Additional races and drivers for the No. 23 will be announced at a later date.