- Dale Jr. Retirement is Bittersweet But He’s Shown Us Family is First
- Bristol Motor Speedway Reapplies Traction Compound to Improve Grip
- Rain Delays Bristol Race Until Monday
- FBI Documents Show Patricia Driscoll Used Charity $$$ in Legal Fight Against Kurt Busch
- ATW: An in-depth look at NASCAR’s minor leagues
Ricky Stenhouse, Jr. tops final Daytona 500 practice
- Updated: February 25, 2017
By Aaron Bearden, Motorsports Editor
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – After a week full of preparation, all that remains for the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (MENCS) is the Daytona 500 itself.
Ricky Stenhouse, Jr., led the way in final practice for the Great American Race, pacing the field with an average speed of 198.452 mph on his fast lap.
Ford Performance swept the top six positions at session’s end, with Joey Logano, Brad Keselowski, Kevin Harvick and Clint Bowyer rounding up the Blue Oval brigade.
Elliott Sadler, Ryan Blaney, Michael McDowell and Kasey Kahne completed the top 10.
28 cars participated in the session, which was slowed only for light rain drops on what was supposed to be a beautiful Florida day.
The MENCS field will return to Daytona International Speedway for the season-opening Daytona 500 on Sunday at 2 p.m. ET.