By Jerry Jordan, Editor
Texas Motor Speedway is known for its motto “Speed Danger Fun” so fire and explosions are nothing new but when a concession vendor’s propane tank ignited Saturday at the famed North Texas racing facility during a classic car show, track officials were relieved when they learned there were no injuries from the blast.
The incident occurred during the Goodguys Car Show being held at Texas Motor Speedway when a problem with a propane tank belonging to a concessionaire resulted in a fiery explosion according to a track spokesperson.
“It was a crazy scene but we had no injuries requiring any medical attention and there was only superficial damage to one of the garages,” said David Hart, TMS spokesperson, who confirmed tracks safety crews were immediately on the scene.
Hart said the flames were quickly extinguished and that maintenance crews would be able to easily repair the “cosmetic damage” to the garage before the NASCAR race weekend on October 16 and 17.
FOX4 Dallas/Fort Worth first reported on the incident that was captured by attendees on a cell phone camera.
— FOX 4 NEWS (@FOX4) September 25, 2021
According to its website, the Goodguys Rod & Custom Association hosts family-friendly classic car shows throughout the US and frequently holds events at TMS.